March 24, 2009

Chapter Seven

Doc finally emerged from the DJ Booth slamming the door shut behind him.

“Well I hope you’re happy Jon, he’s already having calls into the station about your little stunt.” His eyebrows mashed together. “I don’t know what you’re playing at boy, but I swear to god if this hinders the bands chances… “ His hand curled tightly into a fist as he knocked it against the wall behind him.

“You!” He pointed straight at Jon, “can tell your mother…” He announced as he left them alone again in the lobby swinging the door on his way out.

He shook his head. Doc, always over reacting in some way.

He looked down at Callie, her dark hair sprinkled around her shoulder s and her chocolate eyes were wide with anticipation. She was still coming to grips with what he’d done. He probably shouldn’t have played cowboy and just made the decision but damn if he wanted some control in his own life and she needed to as well.

“We’ll work it out, alright?” he said ignoring Doc and propping his hand on her shoulder. She managed a small smile for him that didn’t quite meet her eyes.

“Sure, I don’t know how you’re going to make this work though. I mean where are we going to live?” she asked him.

Live? Well shit if he hadn’t thought of that in his quick thinking. “Um, well I didn’t …” he scratched the back of his head.

“Yeah I thought so.”

“Hey, well you can stay with me or at my place while I go on tour. I live with the guys so we’ll all be away so you will have the place to yourself.” That would work, but the way her eyebrows beetled he wasn’t sure she was buying into it.

“You want me to live in a house that’s been lived in by guys? Right, yeah like that’s going to happen…what happens once you all come off tour? I’m a built in maid? It’s not going to happen Jon...” She stormed out of the room past Doc standing there looking smug as hell.

“What?”

“Nothing Jonny, welcome to marriage. Not always a bed of roses now is it?”

He didn’t say anything and followed Callie out the door to the main lobby; she’d come to a halt not been able to go out any further as the palms of young girls were pressed up against the tinted glass station doors.

“Don’t say a word. I can’t believe I even agreed to this shit Jon – now I’m going to get mobbed every time some recognizes me as your wife?”

“They’re harmless, believe me a smile there and a kiss there… keeps them happy. I’ve got that under control.” He walked up to her and folded her hands in his.

“We’ll work it out. I promise.”

“We can live at my place…” She sighed and looked up at him. “I live alone, it makes sense for you to move into there… so that’s what you will do.” She pulled her hands out of his grasp and folded her arms.

“But you’ll be sleeping on the couch.”

Jon chuckled, “Ok, ok… on the couch.” He smiled to himself as he couldn’t help but let his mind drift to the little possibilities.

“The couch.” She said again firmly as if she’d read his mind.

“Well this could become a little arrangement not just on paper if you wanted it to be,” he winked but no sooner received a punch in the arm.

“I was kidding, Jesus ---“ Note to self. Do not joke with the lawyer. Jeesh.

“Damn right you were,” she spun on her heel. “Just because we’ve slept together once, that none of us can remember – doesn’t mean that we need to do it again, alright?” she folded her arms and let popped an eyebrow.

“Besides, don’t you have all them at your fingertips for your perusal?”

Jon grunted and rubbed his arm. Damn for a little punch she got the right place too. “Yeah, I didn’t mean it like that and you—“

“I don’t care what you do with your cock Jon, just don’t do it in my house and we’ll get along fine.”

Christ, she was angry.

“Alright. I’ve got it – does that mean masturbation is out of the question?” When she whirled and started walking towards the back entrance he fell into a quick jog behind her. He was careful not to lose his footing at the distraction of the sway of her hips.

“Ok, ok no more jokes. Sorry, I just was trying to lighten the mood.” She didn’t stop so he grabbed her and spun her around at the two emergency steel exit doors and pushed her back gently. He moved a little closer and braced himself on each side of her.

Her eyes refused to meet his, so he tipped her chin with his thumb until they did. “Callie, I’m sorry – I’m an idiot and have no idea what I am doing here…this is all very new to me too you know.” He cracked a small smile when her lips twitched.

“Don’t disagree with me, will ya?” he teased.

“You are an idiot Jon, I won’t deny that for a second. I’m just – “she shrugged and searched his eyes.

“I just don’t know how we will pull this off without looking more ridiculous than we do already.”

His thumb swept along her cheekbone. “Well, we do have to get used to being and liking each other to a degree – so it looks real… and the rest well we can play by ear. But we will have to do a certain amount of pretending.” He moved closer, moving his hand to her neck feeling her pulse against his fingers.

She swallowed and still her gaze remained fixed on his. “Pretending?”

He took one more step forward feeling her nipples prick through the cotton she was wearing. His lips hovered above hers, his tongue running beneath her upper lip before letting them connect slowly. He swallowed the small moan from her throat dragging his hand up into her hair before she leaned into him.

Her hands moved to his waist scrunching up the baggy shirt as she clasped his hips. He let his tongue slide into her mouth tasting each corner as he took. Finally he pulled away letting their lips pop apart. Her eyes were closed but opened as soon as the parted.

“Pretending.” He affirmed pleased at the slight pink blush rising in her cheeks. He liked her, there was no denying it. Being his wife? Well this almost could be fun.

She placed her palms against his chest and pushed him back. “I get your point…” her dazed look was amusing to him. He hadn’t banked on the little spark that had ignited when they had kissed so this was going to be interesting.

He stood back and jammed his hands into his pockets letting the thumbs hook over the outside.

“Ok, well I hate to make this day even more traumatic but we need to go and my Mom and Dad,” his mother would have a fit. Doc was probably right about that but if Jon knew his mother well, she didn’t like surprises so the quicker this could be explained for his mouth the better.

She raised her eyebrows, “Uh are they like my parents?”

He laughed and took her hand. “A little but not as brutal, Mom will come around when I tell her the plan behind the idea… and ohh, I can show you my room.”

She snorted, “Ohhh yes, just what we need – for me to see your room. I did marry you and sleep with you, so it’s natural I not only meet your parents and see your room.” She hiccuped from the laugh she had cracked into.

“See, told you we were doing this all backwards Darlin’” he nudged the steel doors open with his shoulder and pulled her down the alleyway, they needed to find a cab and get to the safety of his parents house before it was too late.

5 comments:

Sedona Sunrise said...

Another great chapter! This is going to be fun! Would be great if she moved in with all the guys though lol oh the possibilities!

Anonymous said...

Ohh this is sooooo good lunchtime reading girl! Love the "Pretending". I would be up for that and he wouldn't be sleeping on my couch!!!

Post the next chapters soon! I need to know how Mr & Mrs B react!!!!

Maxine :-)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I cannot wait till Meet the Parents Part Deux, Jon's parents may not be lawyers like Callie's but I can't imagine at all this will be easy!

Anonymous said...

Watch out for Mrs. B Callie;)
Great Chapter!!
More very, very soon please

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying this story. Can't wait to read more!!

CLS