April 3, 2009

Chapter Nine

They both returned to the living room where Jon handed his parents their coffees before settling back on the couch with Callie. He’d caught her in the kitchen daydreaming while she was checkin him out. So the physical attraction wasn’t just one way huh? He’d already figured that from the kiss earlier.

She’d never admit it to him. She was far too proud. He’d just have to work a little harder. He wasn’t looking for anything more, but hell if they were living together while they played this little game. What the hell was wrong with a little benefit?

“So what’s the plan now then Jonny? You’re in the middle of a tour and I am sure Callie’s not ready to go dump her career just to keep up with the appearances.” His mother sat down opposite them with his father flanking her on her right. He’d honestly expected her to nut off at him a hell of a lot more than she was. But he figured it was because Callie was in the room with him. So as long as she was here, he was safe.

“I’m gonna live at Callie’s, she rents an apartment close by… and while I am on tour we’ll keep in touch on the phone.” He curled his fingers around his coffee cup as it cooled in his hand. At his mother’s questionable glance he continued.

“Well it’s better than her living with me and the guys right?”

“Yes, I don’t think we’d inflict that on any young girl.” Carol raised an eyebrow.

“And you’re ok with this Callie? He’s a messy boy.”

“MOM!” he exclaimed. Jesus, why the hell was she defending Callie so much? Obviously he’d made the decision to protect her a little but fuck, she could cut him
a little slack here.

“It’s ok Mrs Bongiovi, there will be rules.” He watched as she crossed her legs and his mother give her an approving nod. Jesus.

“So Callie, what did your parents have to say about all this?” John asked her.

She cupped her mug and looked down. “They’re not happy they don’t know that we’re staying together yet so they are not going to be enthused about the whole thing. “ The hint of regret in her voice was obvious to him. He figured she was always used to doing exactly what Daddy said though. Hell she gave up her dream to do what they thought was best, what kind of parent does that?

“They don’t like me very much.” Jon added.

John Snr snorted. “I’m not surprised, I can’t imagine you’re exactly who they thought their daughter would end up marrying.” His father was a pretty good judge of character and probably knew how straight laced her family would be.

She chuckled a little before licking those pretty pink lips. “Ah, no not exactly. They’ve very traditional and this was certainly not in their plans.”

“I just bet it wasn’t, I wouldn’t marry him either Callie.” Carol replied swiftly.

There she goes again. “Jesus Ma, I’m not the devil incarnate here.”

“Hush, now Callie if you need any help while he’s living with you, just let us know
Jon can pay his own way…but he’s still just trying to make it as a rock star so he’s not rich… ok?”

Callie spluttered her next sip of coffee.

“Carol –“ John warned.

Jon rolled his eyes. “She’s not after my money Mom, for the last time.”

Callie settled her cup down. “I can assure you I am very well looked after within my own family Mrs Bongiovi. If it concerns you so much I am happy to arrange a pre-nuptial agreement where I don’t get a thing from him.”

Jon shook his head, like hell she would. “Callie that is not necessary, I am sure me crashing on your couch is enough for you. Mom is just being paranoid.”

It was Carol’s turn to stare at her cup in silence. “You seem like a nice girl Callie and you’ve got brains. So that does reassure me. Compared to some of the girls Jonny has brought home before.”

Jon didn’t disagree, ok so looks may have been more important in the past, and he was young right? There was no law. And it just so happened they were the sorts of woman that gravitated towards him.

“Thanks Mrs Bongiovi, I just want what’s best for everyone and to get on with my career and let Jon get on with his.”

Carol nodded, “indeed that’s what we all want here. I still don’t think I fully understand what exactly you both think you will achieve doing it this way. But John and I have always been one to let our kids make their own decisions. No matter how stupid they have seemed.”

Jon’s parents asked Callie a lot more questions, more so about her family and her education. She didn’t seem to mind answering them all politely. Jon wondered if she was enjoying having someone actually listen to her as he suspected her own parents weren’t too forthcoming in doing so.

“John? What do you think?” Carol asked her husband.

“Jonny isn’t a kid anymore Carol. Just be careful son, both of you…I’m not sure you realize how much this will change your life even if you are just pretending to be married.”

His words came concerned but firm. Just typically like his father always was. “It will be fine Dad and I have it under control.”

The silence hung heavy in the room again. He wondered what she was thinking; maybe he had been hasty about this whole thing? How would she fit in with the guys? His life? When she was probably used to the quiet life… well as quiet as a lawyer’s life could be. But he bet it was a far cry away from what his had been in the last year or so.

“Well, I really don’t know what else to say Jon – I mean what do I tell all our friends? They had no idea were even seeing someone on the side and now you are married. It makes us look a little stupid I hope you realize.”

“I don’t know Ma, just tell them you didn’t know I was seeing Callie. It’s not that hard. Not all kids tell their parents everything so it shouldn’t be that hard.” Jon stood from the couch.

“We better get sorted, I’ve got to get my things moved to Callie’s and we’ve got a band function we need to be at tonight.” She whipped her head back around to his. Oops, had he not mentioned that before? Guess it was going to be the first test of ‘pretending’ as a married couple. Doc had mentioned earlier in the week potential record people would be hanging around so it was important to not only be there. But be real.

Carol looked at her husband, Jon knew that look all too well. It was the one that said. Well are you going to do anything else about this? But often than not his father left him to his own devices.

“Fine. Ok well just be careful Jon and you too Callie. I honestly don’t think you both realize what you’re doing… whether it’s to keep the fuss down or it’s that you both have your own agenda’s to make life hell for those who are responsible for you.” She folded her arms.

Jon chuckled, ok so his mother knew him a little more than he took for granted. He held his hand out for Callie and this time she took it as she popped up off the couch.

“Yes Ma, we’ll be fine.”

“It was nice to meet you both.” Callie smiled briefly.

Jon’s father stood up and shook her hand again, “you too dear and listen if he’s a pain in the ass you just call me up ok?”

She managed a small laugh and Jon rolled his eyes. “Come on you, let’s get you out of here before they can pollute your mind anymore.” They said their goodbyes and headed back to the guy’s house. She’d been quiet again in the cab for the last five minutes, aimlessly smoothing down her clothes or picking at the loose threads.

“You ok?” the sunlight had hit her hair showing off her pretty natural brown highlights as her hair fell across her shoulders.

She shrugged and looked out the window. “I guess so—“

Could she regret this? Was he forcing her into all this? “Are you sure?” He picked up her hand and threaded his fingers through hers. They were in a public cab right?

“I just feel bad –you taking the blame for this whole thing.” She kept her voice down so the cab driver couldn’t hear.

He squeezed her hand. “Don’t. My parents would expect something like this from me, so it works. Plus ok it was your idea supposedly but I could of said no too you know?” he grinned.

“I know, I just ---“she sighed. She didn’t have to finish. The reality was they both probably had no idea what they were getting into. She seemed like a nice girl – the kind of girl next door vibe. So how hard could this be?

He wondered what was going on inside that pretty little head of hers. Their lives were about to take an unexpected twist and were they crazy? Probably.

Was it a bonus she was gorgeous? Absolutely.

10 comments:

Mystery Train said...

Poor Jon! They're all ganging up on him! This is gonna get messy I think!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the new chapter!! I have been waiting all week. I love these two together. I cant wait for more (no pressure)..lol, but seriously i hope you have time to post more over the weekend.

stacey

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm glad they're crazy;) or there wouldn't be a story! LOL
I hope we can get some more today or even Monday if you have time:)
Take care!

Anonymous said...

I love how they sort of care about each other already. She'll like him soon enough;) LOL
Please write more soon!!!
J

Anonymous said...

I love these two:) I can't wait for the next chapter!! Need more soon;P

Anonymous said...

waiting...waiting...waiting....
did I say waiting...lol Seriously this is my new favorite fan fic, hope you can post soon, i need a fix

Super_Kiwi said...

Hi guys ;)
I'm putting together the next chapter as we speak, it's been one of those weeks - so check in the next day or so ;)

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on the story. Poor kids! They're doing their best and I sure hope it all works for them. Jon's trying to save both their careers; kudos to him.

Why do I get the feeling Jon won't be sleeping on the couch for long? :)

Looking forward to more!!
-Stas

TaraLeigh said...

I like Jon's voice in this chapter. It's young and cocky--as he was--and yet he's got a heart in there.

The 'benefits' is such a guy thing. LMAO.

The fact that Callie and Carol are consorting is just too much fun. The fact that Carol busts her own kids balls on every occasion is just hilarious.

The fact that Jon thinks he's got everything under control is the best part of it all. Obviously he soooo doesn't.

Guess it's time to play the happy couple now, huh?
;)

Unknown said...

This reminds me of My Forged Wedding. Great game on the App Store, not nearly as awesome as this though! This is an amazing fan fiction, and its hard for me to find a good 80s one :) great job! ❤️❤️❤️