March 20, 2010

Chapter Fifty-Four



Jon rolled over, stretched and adjusted his eyes. The room was still dark, and the sound of rain pinged off the steel railing from the balcony. He reached out for his bed mate but cotton just bunched under his hands. He shot up, “Callie?” He squinted at the alarm clock, it was after three in the morning.

He ripped the blankets back and found his pants, cursing when he remembered they were his stage pants and he had no cigarettes on him. He stood at the edge of the open door watching the rain splash onto the terrace. He raked his hand through his hair and sighed. Where the hell did she run to? His dick was still raw, and the scent of her was stuck all over his skin.

He felt like they had connected, really connected back in there. He didn’t know what else he could do otherwise, to show her what she meant to him. He was in unchartered waters, he wasn’t used to being so serious about a girl and he didn’t ever expect it would happen.

He turned at the click of the door and breathed a silent sigh of relief when Callie slipped back into the room.

“Hey.” She shrugged her coat off and propped the two paper bags down on the counter.

“Where did you go? It’s blowing like crazy out there.” She dug into her pockets and threw him a packet of cigarettes.

“Thanks, you didn’t have to—did you get food?” He asked hopefully as his belly rumbled.

“Yea, I was hungry. I figured you might be as well.”

He edged across to her and took her hands, she backed away but only a step. His mouth found hers in a slow sweet kiss, “Thank you. I’m starving. I thought you’d gone to be honest.”

She pulled away and chuckled. “No, I’m not running. Not this time. I’ve got an early flight out today...so I thought I’d eat. I couldn’t sleep anyway.”

“Oh?” he sat down on the edge of the bed and she flicked on the bedside lamp.

She handed him a bag, “burger. Just the way you like it.”

They were comfortable in each other’s presence but there was a thickness that still hung between them. “Why couldn’t you sleep baby?” What he really wanted to know is if they were ok, if his words last night were enough.

“You realize you’re still naked right?”

His lips curved, “competition for your burger?” He wiggled his eyebrows and took a bite.

She laughed, “Jon.”

Here it comes.

“Yea?” He took another bite and faced her. Her eyes were still a little sad, which pulled at his gut. He knew things couldn’t be fixed in the blink of an eye but god if she could just stop looking so sad.

“I want to be with you. I really do, but I just need to sort out all that’s going on in my life. Can you give me a little time?”

His heart sank, he couldn’t say no. He nodded, “I can do that. Do you forgive me Callie? For all this mess I got us into, and all the stupid mistakes I made?”

She unwrapped her own burger and took a bite. “Yes, I do. “

He licked the sauce off his thumb, “thank you.” He brushed away her hair and brushed his thumb along her cheek. “I am really sorry for being an ass.” Ok. So it wasn’t the outcome he’d wanted straight away. But he could live with knowing they were going to be ok, in time.

She was probably right, he was in the middle of a whirlwind tour, and she was studying her ass off. Plus they had the court case to get through. And god knows what the fuck was going to happen with that, but he trusted Callie to get them the best result possible. The Bongiovi stamp of trust didn’t come easily especially when it concerned his career. But with Callie, he had no doubt.

“I wanted to deny that I still felt something for you. I was certainly in denial that was the reason I came here to help you.”

He managed a small smile. “I hoped that was the reason.” They finished their burgers and Callie cleared away the rubbish. “Mind if I have a smoke?”

“I bought them for you didn’t I?”

“No lecture?”

“Not today, but once I become a doctor I will nag.”

It was his turn to laugh, “You’re going to make a great doctor. You know that right?” He grabbed her arm and drew her in closer. His fingertips drifted down her arm, “maybe I don’t need a smoke right now.”

“Oh really?” Her eyes sparkled back up at him, “if I didn’t know better I’d say that you were trying to get me back into bed Mr Bongiovi.” She smiled, and this time it reached her eyes. He’d been waiting to see that for a long time.

He cupped her neck and leaned in, she still smelled fresh from the rain and sweet like Callie. His mouth settled on hers in a slow kiss. “Maybe I am.” She squealed when he scooped her up and headed back towards the bed.

He lay her down and crawled over her, kissing her gently. His half hard cock bumped against the denim of her thighs. Clothes were now an inconvenience as he quickly made light work of her jeans. His mouth fastened onto hers and she coiled her arms up around his neck.

“Any problem with that?” His brow perked and his gaze fell back to her lips.

“None.” He dragged her top up kissing her belly up to her breasts, she moaned and closed her eyes as nudged her nipple through the lace. He rested his elbows at each side of her head and braced her gently.

“Look at me.”

He slid into her and groaned as her mouth parted, his movements were slow and fluid began to build them both up all over again. Time could stand still as far as he was concerned, especially when he had looming more concerts than body parts to count them all on. She tightened around him and their kisses became faster, urgent and in time with their rhythm.

She fell over the edge and he shattered curling her around him, as they both rode through it. Sweat and skin mixed together in cocktail of sex and rain as they both drifted off, contently.

~

She yawned and stretched into a cocoon of heat and fur what had to be a few hours later. The sun started to peek through the high windows as she cracked an eye open to look at the bedside clock. She groaned and slid out of his grasp, quickly redressing, her flight was in just a couple of hours.

She carefully scooped up her things and tried to pack quietly, which didn’t go to plan when her hairspray canister smacked the bathroom floor and rolled. “Shit,” she gathered the rest of her things and picked up her hairspray and walked back into the room.

“I woke you didn’t I,” she dumped the things in her bag and zipped it up. He was sitting up with his knees up, the sheet pooling around his waist.

“It’s ok—I wanted to see you before you went.”

He rubbed his eyes and she slid her shoes on and perched on the side of the bed.

“You should get some more sleep, you move onto right?”

He nodded, “yup. Another town, another couple of concerts.”

Callie laughed, “Just every day for you now, your reality, superstar.” She lifted her hand and brushed his hair back and cupped his cheek. Something had shifted between them last night, something Callie thought was good. She needed a bit of time to get herself together but once the court case and things had settled down. Maybe, just then maybe something could work with them.

He chuckled, took her hand, kissed it and held it. “Thanks for coming out here, and sorting out something that I just had no idea how I would have, without you.”

“Your welcome. Can you just keep an eye on him? And make sure he stays out of trouble. Or my case won’t stand up.”

Jon nodded, “don’t you worry. I’ll be keeping a fucking eye on him.”

“And, do I have to go and see Richie and ask him to keep an eye on you?” Jon looked up and met her gaze, his blue eyes were dull and tired.

“No, I will. I don’t deserve you Callie.”

She smiled and leaned in, their noses bumping. “You do. Just look after yourself Jon.”

“As long as you do it as well, Doctor.”

Her eyes flicked down to his mouth and back to his eyes before she pressed her lips against his. “Deal. Now see you in a few weeks when you get back to Jersey for the court case.”

“Can I call you?” he asked bringing his hand around her neck and drawing her in.

“I expect it.” The kiss was slower, softer as she closed her eyes and let his tongue slide through her lips. She moaned and her hands shot up into his hair. He shifted her forward onto his lap so her knees straddled his waist. His mouth left hers and slid down the long line of her throat. His tongue traced back under her ear as she buried her face into his hair. Her toes curled as she savoured this last moment with him, she needed her heart to be sure so she needed just a little more time that he’d agreed to.

How could a man do so much to someone? Infuriate the hell out of you, with his honest comments that were always right. He knew her so well, and that still scared her. But then she had to remember, she knew him so well and knew that he was stubborn and would never give up on something he wanted, at all cost, even if it killed him.

“Ok—deal.”

He locked his hands on the small of her back and held them there for a moment. “I do have to go Jon, I haven’t even had a shower and I’ll miss my flight if I don’t leave soon.” Her skin still smelled like him, she must have looked like crap but right now she didn’t care.

“I know,” he pressed his forehead against her and their lips met in a short sweet kiss.

“Call me tonight?” She leaned back, still locked in his grip.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

6 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I'm doing the happy dance over here!

norwichliz said...

So glad she finally accepted what's between them. She does have a lot on her plate right now, but the future looks bright.

Anonymous said...

At least they admit how they feel, and are welling to try and make it work.

Beth

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!

Judith said...

Gah! Your chapter pic is one of my favs! *THUD*
Damn, Callie is one tough woman, lol, how could she leave him behind while he´s still naked in bed ;)
I´m glad they finally are about to find a way for a real relationship

Anonymous said...

Yay, things are looking up!