April 25, 2010

Chapter Fifty-Nine

Callie stretched into sunshine and smiled, she reached down covered the hand that was snaked firmly around her waist. She closed her eyes sleepily and smiled, as the steady breathing of the one behind her tickled across her shoulder. This was them, and god it felt so right. She'd mentally shelved the niggling doubts she'd had and let the good flood in, she loved him. And that's all that mattered. She lazily stroked down his arm as he stirred, his morning groan vibrating against her ear.

"Morning," she whispered still content just to lie and enjoy the comfort and warmth between them.

"Hey--what time is it? I can't even remember falling asleep," he mumbled lazily.

"After ten, we slept like the dead---evidently I am sure it's what you needed." Her finger traced across the tops of his knuckles.

"You're not wrong there; I could sleep for ten more of those kinda nights too sadly."

She rolled over within his grasp and smiled, "well I think you should. I have a lecture at one o'clock so stay here in bed."

He sank down further into the pillow, "that sounds like a plan. I should go and see my parents though."

"Well we could go tonight?"

Jon's eyes popped open. "We? You would want to come?"

She laughed and curled into his chest, "well I just thought....if you don't want me to, that's fine." She hadn't meant to offer so quickly, hell she didn't even know why she wanted to go with him, maybe part of it was she craved to see a family that acted normally.

He tipped her chin up, and she met his eyes. "Of course you can come, I'd be proud to drag you back to my parents."

She ran her fingers through his chest hair, "I really only met them that once, and if we're going to be together, makes sense I do again. Right?"

His lips curved into a big smile, "damn right. Mom, Dad meet my--girlfriend."

She chuckled, "They'll probably like me way more as that than your wife. Although they weren't half as bad as--" she paused and he pushed her hair back from her face and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Shhh, I know. You can have my family Cal, they'd love you."

She blinked and looked down, she loved what she'd done, and she loved how independently fierce she now was, but everyone still needed family. It was a little ache of sadness left inside her chest that she knew would take some time to heal. She wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled in closer to him. "You're my family now Jon."

"Baby, he'll come around. You'll see." He buried his face into the top of her hair and sighed. "I'm still so proud of you."

"I know, I love you Jon. And I'm gonna fix your mess for you." She needed to dig into those case notes tonight, with the court case only a week or so away. She needed to be on her game to get the result she needed for Doc, and for Jon.

"I know you are. I wish I could fix your mess for you."

She smiled, "you did---in a roundabout way." If Jon hadn't come into her life, would she be studying medicine? Nope. If he hadn't come back into her life would she have stood up to her father? Nope. She owed him a lot, but that's what made them work so easily, she just hadn't seen it before. "How about I fix us some eggs before I need to get up and going?"

He soothed the tips of his fingers down her back, "how about I fix us some sex instead?"

She laughed against his chest as she was rolled backwards, her legs wound around his hips by instinct as he hovered above her. She could feel his cock bump at the centre of her. "That might work? Are you going to ask me how I like my sex?" She rolled her lip under her teeth and bit back the smile.

His lips dusted hers, "oh I think I know exactly how you like it." She groaned as his hand slipped down beneath the sheets and he hooked his thumb under her hood.

"Oh god," she whispered as his he used the pad of his thumb to draw lazy circles against her. Her body quivered as the little pulses of pleasure flicked out to the tips of her toes.

He glanced down at her breasts, "I like these sunny-side up." He dipped down and flattened his tongue, dragging it over her sensitive tip.

She moaned and dug her fingers into his shoulders, "Jon," she managed. His hair spilled over her breasts as he sucked, nipped and worked his way back up to her lips. He caught her mouth in a long slow kiss.

"I love the taste of you."

She arched and kissed him back, letting herself slide into the warmth of his kiss. Their tongues danced and lathed at each others, soft moans and hiccuped breaths filled the room. He slid into her easily and seated himself deep holding them still. "And I like being inside of you."

She wound her hands around his neck and kissed his nose, “I like it too." He retracted and slid slowly back into her with a cheeky smile. "That's not nice."

"I'm not a nice person Callie."

She bucked up to feel him slide in further, anything to get him moving. "No you're not at all are you?" She teased as her hand dropped to his nipple. She rolled her thumb across the tight tip and his head tipped back exposing the long line of his neck.

He hissed and met her gaze. "You really want to start something here? You know I'll win, no matter what."

"So sure of yourself. Are you sure you didn't want to be a lawyer?" She teased as she rolled her thumb firmer across his nipple.

"I misjudged you; I thought you were a sweet innocent girl." He growled as she switched over to the other side.

"You wouldn't like me if I was sweet and innocent."

His eyes widened and then he laughed, "Oh I love how well you know me." He rolled his hips and she whimpered as the angle went deeper.

She reached out and clutched the sheet. "Please, Jon....god!" The slow painful strokes were worse than anything else, always leaving her body screaming for more. She fused her mouth against his, desperate for contact, desperate for the heat that he was holding ransom between them. Her fingers ran up into his arms and into his hair. This man could make her crazy in all the best ways a man was supposed to. She longed for him to push her, pull her, down into that sensation she was so used to losing herself in with him.

"I love you Callie." He pressed his forehead against hers and they took the moment, as they connected.

"Ditto." The kiss was warm, slow, and sweet like a hot summer's night rain. His eyes flicked down hers lips and he smiled.

"Eggs you say?" He took her hands and kissed her knuckles, wound his fingers through them and sank deep into her. The movements quickened and he focused on nothing but her. Each hiccup, each sob, he curled his hands tighter and held her gaze. The moment was there’s, no one could touch them, no over-bearing father, and no over-bearing manager. As long as they had each other, it would be ok.

Her thighs clamped around his waist as he groaned into her mouth, kissing, encouraging them to both let go. She closed her eyes finally broke his gaze and let go; her body shuddered under his, and his over hers. She held on tight, white stars bursting before her eyes while her skin sizzled. He gently rolled them over on their sides and didn't slide out of her at first; she pressed her cheek into wet warmth and laughed when his belly grumbled between them.

"Ok, so someone needs to be fed huh?" She patted his flat belly and went to roll back, but he gripped her shoulders.

"Just wait a couple of minutes." She sighed and leaned back in, closing her eyes for just a minute as contentment was heavy on her eyes. When she woke what felt like seconds later she was alone, and the faint sounds of clanging followed by a curse, floated through the door. She wrapped the sheet around her and padded out to the kitchen and laughed, as Jon battled with pans and toast.

"What on earth are you doing?"

He didn't turn around, "don't. Just sit down at the table and I'll be right there."
She laughed as he kicked closed the cupboard door with his knee. "Ok, I'm sitting down. I don't suppose there's coffee?" She asked sliding into the chair, tucking her sheet tight between her breasts. He glared at her over her shoulder and pointed to the machine bubbling in the corner.

She snorted and nodded, "Ok then. You don't cook much do you? You look like you're being sentenced to death Jonny."

He flipped the pan and fussed around for a couple of minutes before turning around, complete with a plate and cutlery in hand. He placed it down in front of her, and to her surprise, it looked edible. Good actually.

"I can't cook, but I can cook some mean eggs." He filled her mug and rested that down beside her plate. "Oh, and I can make coffee. See more than a just a pretty face." He smiled and slid into the seat opposite her.


"So I see, sheesh---we might have to keep you on, for the sex and the eggs," she winked as she scooped her fork into the eggs. It tickled down to her toes that he'd down this for her, and it was so un-Jon like.


"What's better? The sex or the eggs?" His lips curved upwards in a grin.

She looked at her fork. "These are pretty good eggs, tough call." She squealed when egg catapulted across the table and bounced off her wrist.

"Don't start something with me Bongiovi. I can play dirty when I want to, “she waved her fork in his direction.

He shrugged, "of course. You're a lawyer so of course you can."

She dropped her fork and blinked. "Right." Besides the fact he was right, lawyers did lie. That was beside the point. She wanted to wipe the self satisfying smirk right off his face. She pulled herself up out of the chair and walked to the fridge. She snagged the ketchup bottle and wondered back past him, flipping open the lid.

"You forgot the ketchup." She squeezed the bottle and laughed as he watched in horror, the gleaming river of red slide down his chest.

He lunged but she was quick on her feet, bunching up the sheet and heading for the bedroom, unable to control her laughter. She felt his arms grab her from behind and screamed when she felt the ketchup smear against her back as they tumbled onto the bed in a fit of giggles.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best laugh & smile I've had all week! Thanks

Anonymous said...

I needed a moment of fun and laughter today! Great morning for jon an dCallie! Love it!

norwichliz said...

Food fight!! LMAO! That's going to be a bitch to get out of the sheets.

Nice to see them relaxed and enjoying each other.

Hope Carol accepts her.

Anonymous said...

Not only did they need to be together and have that time together but they needed that outlet after the last couple days they've had.

beth

rutpop said...

Oh I hope they can stay in their happy bubbble a while longer, I think they both need it. Fun Chapter.